One annoyance of winter is coming in from the cold to wash your hands, turning on the hot water but being greeted with freezing cold water. Waiting for hot water to arrive at your sink wastes water, energy, money, and time while decreasing the likelihood that you’ll wash your hands thoroughly. Let’s look at how heat traced single pipe hot water temperature maintenance solutions can help.
The Benefits of Heat Traced Hot Water Supply Lines
By using a system like nVent Raychem HWAT, the wait time for hot water is reduced to virtually zero. What’s more, you’ll enjoy other green benefits such as:
- Reducing water waste waiting for hot water to arrive and improving occupant satisfaction
- Using potentially renewable electricity instead of fossil fuels to maintain hot water temperature
- Consuming less space and materials than conventional circulation systems
Now nVent Raychem HWAT is available in both 120V and 208-277V solutions.
Apartment and Condominium Building Management Benefits
In addition to the benefits already mentioned, hot water temperature maintenance systems like HWAT offer significant benefits to building management.
HWAT systems simplify hot water and energy usage metering on a per-unit basis. It can meet increasingly stringent water and energy usage codes. This enables:
- Fair and accurate billing of water and energy consumption.
- Increased conservation of water and electricity
- Reduced amounts of water going into sewer systems and related charges
- Improved Legionella control and risk reduction
Integration with Other nVent Raychem Solutions
HWAT systems integrate with other nVent RAYCHEM applications such as Pipe Freeze Protection, Roof and Gutter Deicing, Snow Melting, and Grease Waste Flow. Using an advanced multiple application controller such as the Raychem ACS-30 is economical and efficient to manage all of the building’s heat trace systems in one effective solution.
So the next time you go to wash your hands this winter and the water is unpleasantly cold, think about the smart hot water alternative.
For more information please visit the nVent RAYCHEM website.