With more than 150 million HVAC units projected to be installed annually by 2024, the opportunity for contractors and installers of full systems and specialized components to grow and maintain their business has never been greater. Combine the demand for HVAC units with an industry projected size of $400 billion globally by 2030 (a mix of manufacturing, install, maintenance) and you can quickly see why those same installers need to do the job right the first time, allowing them to focus on new opportunities.
nVent CADDY has developed a line of products to meet these needs that not only lead to faster system installation, but a safer and more intuitive installation experience for the contractor. Let’s explore what these solutions look like.
Dry Side Solutions
Even the most efficient heating and cooling units can feel lack luster if the duct that connects the unit to the vent or air return is installed improperly. Tight connections and supports that allow the duct to be hung level and remain in place over time is critical to proper air exchange in the system.
nVent CADDY provides a number of products to assist with these installations.
- Rod Lock Threaded Mounting System – family of products allows contractors to prefabricate complex duct assemblies at ground level or offsite, and then easily lift and lock them into place by pushing the threaded rod supports into the nVent CADDY Rod Lock device. This ingenious technology works with threaded rod with burrs or imperfections, helping to eliminate clean-up time or the need to replace damaged threaded rod. The most unique feature of the system is its breakthrough “push-to-install” design, which dramatically reduces the installation time of threaded rod support structures when compared to conventional fasteners. Simply speaking – nVent CADDY Rod Lock is revolutionizing how contractors support ductwork and pipe by helping to make installations faster, easier and more secure.
- Speed Link Universal Support System – nVent CADDY Speed Link is a universal support system designed to reduce installation time. A cost-effective alternative to jack chain, threaded rod, strut and strut nuts, this innovative system has the versatility to meet virtually all your support needs.FEATURES:
a. Systems include locking device, wire rope, and specialty end fitting
b. Strong, yet flexible, wire rope
c. Selection of locking devices for different applications and load requirements
d. Extensive range of end fittings for various types of structural attachments
e. Allows objects to be hung at a variety of angles, even from sloped ceilings
f. Works with an assortment of nVent CADDY fasteners
- Telescoping Support Brackets – Working in conjunction with the Rod Lock system and ideal for more traditional installations as well, the Telescoping Strut Replacement is an innovative alternative to using traditional strut channels for trapeze or other support structures that accommodates standard strut fittings. This telescoping solution eliminates the need to handle and cut long lengths of strut to size. The bracket telescopes to the desired length and is locked in place by snapping closed a spring retainer clip.FEATURES:
a. Standard strut profile runs the entire length of the part, allowing most standard fittings to be placed anywhere between the rods
b. Spring steel retainer strap can be manually locked into place, allowing a tool-free installation
c. Ready to use out of the box and eliminates the need for cutting sections of strut
d. Pre-cut design is easier to transport and store than standard lengths of strut
Wet Side Solutions
Efficient transport of fluids within the HVAC system ensures performance that owners expect on a daily basis. Proper installation of pipe, heat exchangers and cooling towers can lead to longer lasting components and reliable performance over the life of the system.
For wet side installation, nVent CADDY ensures safe and proper installation through:
- Pyramid Rooftop Systems – nVent CADDY Pyramid rooftop supports are a surface mounted solution for supporting electrical and mechanical applications on a variety of roof surfaces. They offer superior load capacity and dramatically reduce installation time by replacing slow, heavy and labor-intensive methods for support of pipe, conduit, duct, cable tray and equipment. Unlike wood blocks, nVent CADDY Pyramid supports are specifically designed for rooftop applications, incorporating unique materials and finishes that protect roof membranes and provide superior corrosion protection. In addition, the nVent CADDY Pyramid Rooftop Anchor System helps ensure the safety and protection of your rooftop mechanical and electrical equipment applications. The system fastens directly to the roof deck and secures equipment and systems in place.
- Structural Attachments and Mechanical Hangers – Ideal for any fastening of fixing requirement, nVent CADDY hanging systems and structural attachments ensure a time-saving installation with a product lineup that has been created with the contractor in mind. Easily install your HVAC system components to beams, decks and walls or ceilings and ensure a proper fit for the pipe size and material with multiple hanger options and vibration isolation solutions.
- Seismic Bracing Solutions – To help ensure the availability and operation of safety systems after an earthquake event, many building and industry codes now include requirements for the design and installation of seismic sway bracing for non-structural components, such as HVAC, fire sprinkler, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. The innovative line of nVent CADDY Bracing Systems was developed to help keep systems intact after a seismic event and to minimize water damage resulting from leaks or ruptures. nVent CADDY Bracing Systems provide contractors with high-quality, engineered solutions, which include rigid bracing, cable bracing and rod stiffeners.
If you’re ready to discuss your next project or installation challenge, let us know. Click here to contact our customer support team.