nVent RAYCHEM IceStop is an advanced, high performing, UV-resistant roof & gutter de-icing solution that is specified for commercial buildings in light to heavy snow load areas. It can be cut to length for easy installation in plastic, copper, steel, or aluminum gutters and installed directly on flat or pitched roofs, valleys and overhangs. And, did you know that IceStop is the heating cable that powers nVent RAYCHEM’s Roof Ice Melt (RIM) system?
Whether deployed in the concealed, high-performance RIM system or installed directly onto gutters and roofs, IceStop melts snow and ice and maintains unobstructed pathways for meltwater to run off of the roof and through the gutters, ensuring building integrity and safety in cold, harsh conditions.
RAYCHEM IceStop Self-Regulating Heating Cables
nVent RAYCHEM IceStop self-regulating heating cables are UL Listed, FM Approved, and available in several options. All IceStop cables are covered by a 10-year warranty.
- GM-1X features a UV-resistant rubberized outer jacket, and works with 120 V power for for smaller runs.
- GM-2X features the same UV-resistant rubberized outer jacket, works with 208 – 277 V power, and is the most popular IceStop model due to its longer circuit lengths.
- GM-2XT is also designed for 208 – 277 V power and longer circuit lengths and features UV-resistant fluoropolymer outer jacket, making it ideal for use on bitumen roofs.
IceStop Components, Controllers and Accessories
The nVent RAYCHEM IceStop System is fully approved with nVent RAYCHEM connection kits, controllers and accessories for a complete roof & gutter de-icing solution.
- RayClic connection kits are easy to install and feature parts designed for power connection, splices, tees and end seals, making system design and installation easy. Traditional FTC heat shrink kits are also available.
- A variety of controllers and snow sensors are also available to optimize system performance and minimize energy consumption. Many controllers can integrate with BMS systems to further optimize system management and control.
- Accessories such as attachment clips and downspout hangers are also available to optimize system installation efficiency and long term performance.
IceStop and RIM
The nVent RAYCHEM Roof Ice Melt (RIM) system is the premier, highest-performing, aesthetically elegant, concealed roof & gutter de-icing solution. RIM is ideal for new construction or renovation of residential or commercial buildings. IceStop heating cables are integrated into RIM systems for the ultimate in self-regulating performance.
RIM systems consists of metallic panels that embed 3 runs of IceStop self-regulating heat tracing cable to provide high power output when needed and automatically reduce power output in milder conditions. RIM Systems are backed by a 20Year Extended Warranty!
Contact an nVent RAYCHEM Expert today and get IceStop or RIM for your next project.