We are excited to announce the launch of our 2020 Social Responsibility Report, which includes new social responsibility goals.
At nVent, our social responsibility efforts are focused on three areas: People, Products and Planet. In 2020, we made notable strides in our social responsibility journey, including taking the important step of determining goals to help us communicate our progress on important issues.
These goals strengthen our commitment to social responsibility. We are building on our values, and driving an inclusive, diverse culture where our employees can thrive and do their best work. We are developing products and solutions that create value for our customers and are good for the world. We are continuously improving our operations to help protect our natural resources.
People: by the end of 2025, we plan to:
- Increase representation of women in management globally by 20%
- Increase representation of racially diverse U.S. professional employees by 25%
- Reach an employee safety total recordable incident rate of ≤0.50
Products: by the end of 2021, we plan to:
- Establish New Product Introduction guidelines to help deliver socially responsible products and end-user solutions
- Develop baseline metrics and long-term goals
Planet: by the end of 2030, we plan to:
- Achieve 25% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions
- Reach 20% renewable energy consumption
We are proud of our social responsibility achievements in 2020. These included building on our commitment to inclusion and diversity, launching a record number of new products and taking action to use natural resources more efficiently. Some other 2020 highlights include:
- Improving our employee engagement score
- Increasing Employee Resource Group participation by 10%
- Reducing our employee safety total recordable incident rate
- Launching a record number of new products that provide solutions for our customers
- Introducing a new sustainability performance management system and entering into our first green energy contract in the United States
Read more about our 2020 accomplishments and goals for the future in our our 2020 Social Responsibility Report.